Saturday, January 1, 2011

To infinity, and beyond.

I’m currently a third year student, but I’m already thinking about COLLEGE. Unlike other people who only think about what course they’re going to study when they’re filling up the application form, I’m already checking out colleges. I’ve been going online and viewing their websites, and this summer I plan to visit a few schools.

I want to study either BA Animation or BA Multimedia Arts at DLS-CSB School of Design and Arts. It’s my first choice. I only found out about this course a few weeks back, and I’m already pining to go here. Of course, I have no idea about how hard it will be to live in Manila; I’m not exactly a free bird, but I really want to try my hand at studying what I love to do. For once, I can draw non-stop in class and not get reprimanded. And because the school is in another city, I’ll have the chance to make new friends, and to try living more independently.

If I don't get accepted there, my second choice is BA Visual Communication or BA Fine Arts (Painting) at UP Diliman College of Fine Arts...... The Department of English and Comparative Literature at UP Diliman College of Arts and Letters is supposedly good, so maybe I could take up BA English Studies or BA Creative Writing if I don’t get into the College of Fine Arts. Then again, UP Diliman's College of Mass Communication seems alright. I could study BA Journalism or BA Broadcast Communication. Diliman is far from here, no doubt, and I’m kinda scared to go there. When I was younger, it was my dream to study Law at UP Diliman, but I’ve changed. I’ve found an interest, and my talents, and now I want to develop it.

If I still don't get accepted to any of these (which would really be depressing), I'll study BA Fine Arts or BA Communication at UP Baguio College of Arts and Communication. The good thing is that I can stay here in Baguio. I won’t be far from my family, I’m used to the city now, and I can still see my high school friends. Most of them will probably go to SLU, but who says we can’t be friends? Won’t see them very often, but at least we’ll still be in the same city right?

If all else fails, I will go to SLU. Either BS Information Technology at the School of Computing Sciences, or BS Civil Engineering at the School of Engineering and Architecture, though I doubt that I can put my heart into a course I don't really like that much. As much as I love SLU, I just can't find a college/course that I want to pursue. They say that you have to follow your dream, and I don't think I can achieve my dream at SLU. Then again, I will always behave like the Louisian I am, ever faithful to the four core values. I am a Louisian, and I always will be.

2 comments:

  1. Goodluck Aren! Wherever and whatever, we will support. But you know, I'm partial to UP Diliman :-) - Tita Cris

    ReplyDelete
  2. UP or nothing!!! Just kidding. :D

    ReplyDelete