Thursday, July 18, 2013

Of orgs and responsibilities.

Here'a the thing: I'm a member of UP EURO, and recently, there have been issues between me and Martin, the VP for Finance. See, I didn't want to be part of Fin in the first place -- It eas assigned to us. Unconsciously, My work became half-assed. Maybe because I never really enjoyed ny work, maybe it just wasn't my forte. Martin and I got into this heated conversation about loyalty, work ethics, etc etc. I, being the hot-headed arrogant little prick that I can be, offended Martin. I apologized soon after, but it was awkward when I saw him the next day -- it was unavoidable, he was my Latin classmate. It's been about two weeks, and things have gotten better between us. Kuya Pax and Ate Baj talked to me about moving to a different sector, namely, Comm, and Martin and I are on better terms now. I actually just submitted my appeal to transfer sector form a while ago. Things are looking good on the EURO front.

I am currently an app for AIESEC, a VSB-based org. (It still feels weird calling it VSB-- I'm not a fan of Virata). Things have been going smoothly. Better than that, actually. I'm having an awesome time hanging out with new people. I like my co-apps (some of them, anyway). There are a little over a hundred of us, and so far, I've met about 30 or so. I've made mental notes on the people I actually click with, a mini-barkada, so to speak. There's Elle, Anna, Iya, Clarice and Jules, Mark and Jico, Carlo and Miggy, Sunny, Ruod, and Page, Irish, Rodel and Nina, etc etc. Ang rami talaga e. =))) I've also gotten to know some of the mems, particularly Khail and Jes (Jesus~), and gotten to hang out with the EB people, Kuya Chino, and so on. So far, the app process has been chill. I've been collecting signatures for the past two days, and I personalky think I'm doing a good job. =)))) I'll continue working on this soon. Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment