Monday, December 6, 2010

2011, be kind.

2010 is over. It was a generally good year for me. I thank God for all the blessings He's given me, my family, and my friends. And to all my friends, I thank you. My year wouldn't have been as good as it was if it weren't for all of you.

I’m excited for 2011. I can’t wait to see the betterment this new year will give me. But I guess, to see a visible forward motion, I should change my bad ways and do something new. To start the year right, I would like to list down 11 New Year's Resolution, for 2011. This year, I promise to:

  • Learn new things. Take more chances.

- I've learned a lot from 2010, and 2011 is the year to take risks, to figure out if what Ive learned last year will be useful.

  • Relax. CHILL.

- I'm kinda high-strung, and whenever I'm stressed, you REALLY don't need to see me when I'm stressed. First I go through the "laugh it off" stage. Then I go all quiet. After that I just go ballistic. Theeeeen, I shut down. Bad stuff, man.

  • Become closer with my siblings.

- It was just recently that me and my sisters became close, and I want us to be even closer. :) My brother and I are already close, we’re practically twins. We think the same, and we even act the same sometimes. Although things between us can get pretty heated up, at the end of the day, we’re still brother and sister.

  • Do better in school.

- I promise myself this every year....... I'm getting to it xD

  • Go to church more often. Try to be always of help.

- Be the Louisian I am 0:)

· Use the computer productively.

- For years now, I've had the chance to branch out my interests and find some pretty neat stuff online; from my manga cravings (Japanese comics), to online games (good thing I stopped), to cool sites that I stumble upon out of pure luck. I've kept myself entertained with these sites, though I've unwittingly become quite addicted to them. Now, I ought to use technology to be more productive, whether it be academics-related, or for self-improvement.

  • Be less moody. I’ll try to be a little more patient with the people around me.

- Ah.... This one might be a little hard........

  • Stop settling for less and aim for something that I know I truly deserve.

- I should know better. I should pick things (and maybe people) who are positively influential on me. I know that sometimes I'm not the nicest person, and that only the nicest people deserve the best things, but sometimes, you have to fight for what you want, and it means that you will probably hurt a few people in the process.

  • Make more friends! No more hating. No more being mean!

- New friends! After all, what's life without interesting people around you?

  • Improve my talents.

- Ah, this in one I gotta work extra hard on. If I want to get into the college of my dreams, I gotta work hard. I gotta meet new people who are willing to help em improve, and i have to work on it more seriously. No more playing around.

  • Be strong.

- People say that I don't really change, and they're happy that I haven't been influenced in a negative way. You know what? Yes I have changed. I'm not the same person I was last year, or the year before that. I’m not as nice as I used to be, because I don’t want to be taken for granted. I have changed because I have realized that everybody can be hurtful, although sometimes unintentionally, even those you used to trust. I have to be strong.

There is still one extra promise I have to make to myself. That is, to never forget to have FUN. Although I have to be more serious this year, I shouldn't forget that in order to live a happy year, I have to have fun every once in a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment