Thursday, September 16, 2010

Welcome to my Universe of Centrum Sententia

Hey, Jean Clarence (no middle initial) Cariaga here, welcoming you to my blog -- which I had no knowledge of its existence until I decided to use Blogger for my THE class, and then I saw that I was logged in. Apparently, I've had this account since last summer. Who knew?

Jean Clarence Cariaga, and according to my birth certificate, I don't have a middle initial, I was born on the 13th of August, in Tarlac City. A friend of mine once said, "Jean? Edi ipropronounce mo yan ng /djzeanne/?" Translation: Jean? Then you pronounce it as /djzeanne/? Uh, yeah, I guess so. (Thank you, Mark Manaois for the official pronunciation guide of my first name) I'm a third year Science Section student at Saint Louis University - Laboratory High School.

Clarence, king I am. Why a king, you ask? Somehow just being thinking of that makes me feel more human. I don't really know why, but I've been referring to myself as a king since 2007, I think. I am a geek, a nerd, a dweeb, an "otaku" (meaning, a Japanese culture enthusiast, to say the least), and SO much more. I do whatever I want, I don't like following the latest trend, I hate the status quo. Heck, can I even be considered normal? I'm pretty weird, though my weirdness is rarely seen by those who aren't close to me, I can blend in pretty well. I've been on top of the food chain, and on the lowest; right now, I think I can be considered above average, not mediocre, but not exactly highest on the coolness meter either. (Yeah, yeah. I know. "Coolness meter," what the-? That just made me more un-cool, ha!) I act like an idiot sometimes, and that's what gets me in trouble sometimes. Everybody gets in trouble, so why can't I? Live a little, I say! There's no harm in taking a few risks, using your opportunities, and making a few guesses. I'm odd, to say the least. I never really got the "manners" thing. Still, by the gift of God, I'm still alive and kicking. Fortunately, I'm also quite privileged, and I live my life to the fullest.

Some people like me, some don't. Others fake their smiles, little sincerely do. It's a bit confusing to tell the difference, to be honest. I mean, I try to not get angry about that, I guess they can't help it because they want to feel like they belong. It's just that I hate it when they do that. Why must they fake their smiles? Why can't everybody just get along? It's blood boiling. I'm trying to change that, but it is a Herculean task. Darn. It's also a pet peeve of mine when people disrespect others, or , but if I blogged about that, it would take too long. I'm gonna save that topic for later.

Anyways, introductions and whatnot. Well, obviously, this is my blog.

This blog is a compilation. A compilation of opinions, thoughts, dreams, cravings, and the like. I'm especially enamored with the geek world, and I have a soft spot for anything Mario-related. You'll probably see a lot of pictures of my friends here, too. I'm no serious photographer, I just like taking pictures of people laughing. I like moments like those where you get to see how they truly feel, because not every smile is a sign of happiness.

We were tasked to create a blog and fill it with anything under the sun. Sounds easy, right? Maybe, but I'm not so sure of that. You see, I'm not so good with the "creative process" involved with writing. I don't have that talent for writing............... Who am I kidding, I write for the school paper, I've been for four years now, for Pete's sake. Though I doubt that you, dear viewer, are going to seriously follow this blog, what with nothing on it yet, I do hope you like it, boring as it may seem right now. Please enjoy yourself.

So, yeah, let the blogging begin and good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment