Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines, huh?


Hey Friend,
It’s already February 14, Valentines’ Day, and here I am, writing you a card.
I don’t really know what to expect; after all, I just met you a little over a week ago, and now I’m practically tripping over myself, falling for you.
I’m sorry, is it overwhelming? Well, I didn’t plan any of this, believe me. I simply wanted to make friends. I just sort fell for you. I didn’t’ expect things to happen so fast.
You must be used to having girls go crazy for you, but I get giddy when I read your texts, and simply thinking about you puts a huge smile on my face. I really like you, and the sweet feeling I get when I talk about you brightens up my day.
I know that me asking you is a bit unconventional, I’m gutsy that way, but I ought to try…
Will you be my Valentine?


-----------------------------

This was a Valentines' card I  meant to give to a friend of mine, but I never gave it to him. I could've gone to him in person and given it to him, but I didn't. No, I wasn't shy or anything, neither was I afraid of him tearing it up; a thought just came to me that day. It was that I would rather have him as a friend, than as a boyfriend (or Valentine, whatever). You see, it would be awkward if I gave it to him. We became friends not long ago, and I didn't want to ruin that dynamic. I think I made the right choice, because now that I'm not blinded by my infatuation with him, I can see that we can become really good friends if I just stop going crazy whenever I see his name on my phone.

Hey, Friend,  if you ever see this blog post, text me right away, ok? We'll have a lot of laughs about this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment